Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 2 Kingman, AZ to Tucson, AZ

This is from Kingman AZ, to Tucson AZ via Wickenberg AZ. The trip was through what can be bes described as rolling desert. Up and down and hot; again in the 100's.
Wickenberg is a nice little town with a great museum of western art. Angie and I have be here before but I thought it would be fun to stop.
Had a nice walk around the town and meet some interesting shop greeters.
It seems that they also like to put effigies of livestock on the roof.
Had great ice cream at this unique little shop; the owners are from CA.
From here I traveled on toward Tucson by way of Coolidge AZ and Casa Grande National Monument; the tallest native American structure known. It was 106 when these picture were taken. Just another pleasant day.
The rest of my day was driving to Tucson via some very deslate and sparsly populated country side. As I passed through Phenoix the car registered 111. Even with two GPS's I managed to miss a couple of turn offs and had to back track; thank goodness for these navigation devices.
I arrived late int the afternoon in Tucson with 45 minutes to visit the Art Museum. I tried to walk around the old town but it was just to hot.
Spent the evening with Jan and Bruce and family. Had a lovely dinner and a chance to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment