Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 3 Tucson to Silver Springs

Had a good nights sleep in a bed thanks to Jan and Bruce. Thanks for the hospitality!!!
By the way the mattress fits just great.
On the road again. It's another hot day 8:00 and it's 80. Don't mean to harp on the heat but god it's hot.
Heading south to Toumbstone AZ and then back up to Gila Cliff Dwellings in New Mexico.
Tombstone is one of those places that caters to the tourist trade. Somewhat a bit to slick but fun. The museum  in the old court house was nice with a  good history of the town and the Indian wars that occurred in the vicinity.
The OK Corral was not what I expected, Definitely a bit on the cheesy side.
The drive from there went through Bisbee AZ, witch turned out to be interesting with it's pit mind. What a big whole in the ground. The town itself was plastered on the surranding hill sides.
From there it's north through a lot flat open country. This is where I had a bit of bad luck.I caught a rock with my windsheld creation a horizontal crack running along it. I was out on state highway, just me and a FedEx truck. As I was about to pass I heard a loud ping, as large star appears and begins to creep along my window, Very unfortunate. Being in the wilderness I was fortunate that it held together. The next place I might have any luck in getting it fixed would be El Paso, TX a day and half away.
I had no recourse but to press on to Silver City my next stop. It  has taken a bit of the fun out of the trip, but I'm not ready to give it up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment